Check Your Blood Pressure Easily With Blood Pressure Monitor
As a result of high blood pressure linked ailments, there has been the need for more monitoring of the blood pressure via the homemade monitor blood pressure regularly that can be bought online.
The blood pressure monitor bought online will search out the blood flow's force in the artery.
The monitoring doesn't have to be done in the clinic, it can be done at home. It can be done at home with any of the quality and affordable BP monitor bought online at home. Measuring the BP can be done by two different type of machines, which are automatic and manual blood pressure monitors, and can be bought online at affordable price.
Manual Blood Pressure Monitors:These monitors are affordable when contrasted with its counterparts- the digital monitors. These monitors can also be called aneroid monitors. Manual blood pressure monitors are also called sphygmomanometer. The manual blood pressure, bought online at affordable prices, usually is made up of arm cuff, a squeeze bulb is used to increase the cuff's size, a gauge to check the BP. and a stethoscope. On the gauge of the manual blood pressure monitor, there is a needle that displays the blood pressure. When the pressure rises in the cuff, the needle on the gauge is made to swing clockwise, while the needle swings anti-clockwise if it reduces. With the dial markings, you can know your blood pressure
Digital Blood Pressure Monitors:The other one is the digital blood pressure monitors, and they can be bought online at an affordable price. These digital blood pressure monitors use electronic batteries, while the blood pulsating force can then be checked with the microphone.
This is very portable, as the digital blood pressure monitors bought online can either be the hand-worn or wrist worn. To use it, you wear it to the arm or wrist and then you can easily monitor the blood pressure.
Your blood pressure should be measured twice every day, with an affordable blood pressure monitor online, in morning before taking any drugs or eating, and in the evening. When measuring, ensure to take at least two readings to ensure the results you get are accurate.
Reasons of Blood Pressure Changes: Why?Stress
Anxiety and stress are known to increase the blood pressure for a while. If the stress continues, then the cardiovascular system may adapt to an extent that there comes permanent blood pressure problems. To monitor the blood pressure, you can buy blood pressure monitors online.
This occurs to some scared about meeting or keeping an appointment with a doctor. This happens to a lot of people.
An appointment with a doctor can lead to a spike in the BP temporarily. When you do it at home with your blood pressure monitors bought online, you may realise that your blood pressure reading is normal, but once you step into the hospital, it changes. This may not mean you are hypertensive, but those who suffer from white-coat hypertension may develop the high blood pressure.
Some drugs are known to increase the blood pressure like the allergy medications and even cold drugs, but the blood pressure pills and diuretics are known to reduce the blood pressure. When taking these drugs, buy affordable blood pressure monitors online.
Activities, especially stressful ones, are known to increase blood pressure. Exercising, laughing a lot, talking and having a lot of sex can increase one's blood pressure.
This is why athletes need to check their blood pressure daily with the blood pressure monitors bought online. They are susceptible to having high blood pressure.
Food and drink
Some foods or drinks are known to increase the BP reading. Foods that have high tyramine content and aged foods like fermented foods, brined foods, cured foods and pickled foods.
Here are 10 General Factors / Mistakes due to which BP readings affects...
- Blood Pressure Cuff is too Small - It is extremely important to make sure the proper size blood pressure cuff is used on your upper arm when taking a measurement. In fact, most blood pressure measurement errors occur by not taking the time to determine if the patient's arm circumference falls within the Range indicators on the cuff. Studies have shown that using too small of a blood pressure cuff can cause a patient's systolic blood pressure measurement to increase 10 to 40 mmHg.
- Blood Pressure Cuff Used Over Clothing - When having your blood pressure measured, the cuff should always be placed directly on your arm. Studies have shown that clothing can impact a systolic blood pressure from 10 to 50 mmHg.
- Not Resting 3-5 minutes - To obtain an accurate blood pressure measurement, it is important that you relax and rest quietly in a comfortable chair for 3 to 5 minutes before a reading is taken. Any activities such as exercise or eating can affect your systolic blood pressure measurement 10 to 20 mmHg.
- Arm/Back/Feet Unsupported - When having your blood pressure measured, you should always be seated in a comfortable chair, legs uncrossed, with your back and arm supported. If your back is not supported, your diastolic blood pressure measurement may be increased by 6 mmHg. Crossing your legs has shown to raise your systolic blood pressure by 2 to 8 mmHg. The positioning of your upper arm below your heart level will also result in higher measurements, whereas positioning your upper arm above your heart level will give you lower measurements. These differences can increase/decrease your systolic blood pressure 2mmHg for every inch above/below your heart level.
- Emotional State - Stress or anxiety can cause large increases in blood pressure. If you are having your blood pressure taken while thinking about something that causes you to tense up or become stressed, your blood pressure levels could significantly increase.
- Talking - If you are talking to the nurse/doctor while having your blood pressure taken, studies have shown that your systolic blood pressure measurement may increase 10 to 15mmHg.
- Smoking - Tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco) all contain nicotine which will temporarily increase your blood pressure, so refrain from smoking at least 30 minutes before having a blood pressure measurement taken.
- Alcohol/Caffeine - Alcohol and caffeine (sodas, coffee, tea, etc) consumption causes blood pressure levels to spike so stay away from alcohol/caffeine at least 30 minutes before having a blood pressure measurement taken.
- Temperature - Blood pressure tends to increase when you are cold. Therefore, if you are at the doctor's office and the room temperature is "chilly" to you, be aware that your blood pressure readings may be higher than expected.
- Full bladder - Your blood pressure is lower when your bladder is empty. As your bladder gradually fills, your blood pressure increases. Studies have shown that your systolic blood pressure measurements could increase 10 to 15mm Hg when you have a full bladder.
The Right Cuff SizeWhile buying a blood pressure monitor online, ensure to buy the one with the right cuff size that fits you.
For those upper-arm blood pressure monitors, there will be a cuff that comes with it, in which you can wrap around your arm. If you make use of a blood pressure monitor with a wrong cuff size, the reading will be incorrect.
To get the right cuff size, measure your upper arm at its middle. Then use the measurement to choose your cuff size.
If your upper arm measurement is 18-22 cm or 7.1-8.7”, go for the small cuff size online.
If the upper arm measurement is 22-32 cm or 8.8-12.8”, go for the medium cuff size blood pressure monitor online.
If it is 32-45 cm or 12.8-18”, opt for a blood pressure monitor that is largely online.
A lot of blood pressure monitors sold online come with medium cuff size, it is necessary to order for your size.
Since the automatic blood pressure monitors works automatically, calibrating more than once in two years should be done to ensure the readings are correct.
There are generally four kinds of blood pressure monitors that can be used at home are: the upper arm monitors which inflates automatically immediately a button is touched; those upper arm monitors that need the pumping of the bladder before it will inflate; those blood pressure monitors that are worn over the wrists, and the last one which is fingertips monitor. The upper arm blood pressure monitor, wrist and fingertips monitors can be bought online at an affordable price. Though there may be some apps on the smartphone that claims to take the blood pressure readings, they are not accurate.
Accuracy is the key
The most accurate among those mentioned is the upper arm blood pressure monitor that doesn't need a bladder. Its readings are generally accurate and it works automatically.
For the second one with a bladder, the readings are accurate only when you know how to operate it. When using this blood pressure monitor at home, you may get annoyed if you do not know how to use it, and this increases the blood pressure.
For the third one and fourth one, they are a bit accurate, but not as accurate as the first and second.
Popular Brands of The Blood Pressure Monitors
All the major brands of the blood pressure monitor can be bought online.
The Omron Series
The Omron Series blood pressure monitor can be bought online, and it is very accurate with its readings. It comes with a comfortable cuff for an accurate reading. The cuffs are easy to put on, which makes the readings more accurate. Users can track the trends in their health.
The monitor has batteries installed in it and is known to be lightweight. The Omron blood pressure monitor bought online can store the reading of two individual users. It can find out the irregular heart rate and is capable of running the readings thrice consecutively. Other monitors do the readings manually, and you have to direct the monitors to do it.
Citizen CH-432 Arm Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
This Citizen CH432 digital blood pressure can easily be bought online and is known to be more affordable that Omron, and to some a bit better than Omron.
The blood pressure monitor comes with two sizes of cuffs, which is important since the right cuff size determines if a reading is accurate or not. The readings are very close and are similar to the one done by a doctor using the manual blood pressure monitor. It is simple to use, as the instructions are easily understandable.
Dr. Gene Accusure TS Blood Pressure Monitor
This Dr. Gene Accusure TS blood pressure monitor can easily be bought online and is affordable for its quality. The blood pressure monitors offer its user a wide range of services. The blood pressure monitor is free from mercury, with a high level of accuracy in its readings.
Its readings will correspond with those done by a professional. The blood pressure monitor is easy to use and comes with one cuff. You can choose your cuff size based on the chart.
Olex Vm 44 Blood Pressure Monitor
This Olex VM 44 digital blood pressure monitor makes use of an innovative blood pressure measuring technology that allows its user to use it easily with just a push of the button.
It has a memory system that automatically stores, in four groups, the last 120 measurements. The blood pressure monitor automatically runs three readings and does an average on them. The user is alerted by the blood pressure monitor when the user's heart is about 25% slower or faster, via its Irregular Heart Beat detector.
Whether you are an athlete or not, it is necessary to take your blood pressure readings regularly.